U9 Timbits Program
Please see the registration information page for division age information.
- Playing Days: Mondays and Wednesdays
- Program Times: 6:00 - 7:30 PM Program Structure: 45 minutes of skill development and 45 minutes for a game (second half of the season may be 30 min of practice and 1 hour games)
- Softball Field Location: Campbelltown School *Note new location for the 2022 season
- First session will be the program/coach introduction for players and a parent meeting.
- Players will be notified by coaches approximately 1 week prior to the season of team designation. If you have not been notified after this time frame please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All team schedules will be posted on the website under specific Age Divisions link
- Each child will be issued a jersey/shirt at the 1st session/game, the player will keep this jersey. Ball Pants are optional, leggings or joggers can be worn.
- Required equipment: ball glove, running shoes or softball cleats (no metal cleats). Coaches are provided with a limited number of batting helmets, it is optional if parents want to purchase a helmet with softball face mask for your child.
- Please read the "Rainout and Weather Policy" on the website.
- The last scheduled day will be a “FUN DAY” - incorporating learned skills and rewarding each child for his/her participation.
• To provide organized participation of children in softball.
• To promote interest in the game and to develop sportsmanship.
• To develop knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations of softball
- Rules at this level are basic. The goal is to have fun and expose the kids to as much batting, throwing, and catching as possible.
- All players bat during each game. Five coach pitches will be thrown. If the batter does not hit after 5 pitches, the tee should be used to allow the batter to hit. This benefits the batter as well as the fielders.
- Player pitching will be introduced at some point in the season depending on player readiness
- Stealing bases is not allowed at this level.
- Scorekeeping is optional and should be agreed upon by both teams.
- Helmets with cage and chin strap must be worn.
- Catcher’s equipment must be worn appropriately.
- Have FUN!!
Check this website often as new information is posted regularly!