U7 Timbits Learn to Play
FOR GIRLS AND BOYS under 7 before Jan 1st-see registration page more details
Playing Structure and Handbook
If you are unsure which division is appropriate for your child, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for further assistance.
- Playing Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Program Times: 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM
- Program Structure: 30 minutes of skill development and 45 minutes for a game
- Softball Field Location: Pine Street Elementary School
- The first session will be the program introduction for players and a parent meeting. Parents are an active part of the U7 program.
- Players will be notified by coaches approximately 1 week prior to the season of team designation. If you have not been notified after this time frame please email email@example.com
- All team schedules will be posted on the website under specific Age Divisions link
- Each child will be issued a jersey/shirt for the season to keep. Ball pants are not required, leggings or joggers is adequate. Uniforms will be given out at the 1st session/game
- The last scheduled day will be a “FUN DAY” - incorporating learned skills and rewarding each child for his/her participation.
- Required equipment: ball glove, running shoes or softball cleats (no metal cleats). Coaches are provided with a limited number of batting helmets, it is optional if parents want to purchase a helmet with softball face mask for your child.
- Please read the "Rainout and Weather Policy" on the website.
- To introduce Softball at a much faster pace, to keep the children active and engaged.
- To promote interest in the game and to develop sportsmanship.
- To introduce the basics of softball: throwing, catching, hitting, and running
- A tee will be used to develop hand-eye coordination for the development of batting skills. Coach Pitch will be introduced as appropriate in the second half of the season.
- There is no scorekeeping, other than to know when the inning ends (3 outs, or 5 runs) as the focus is more on skill introduction and having FUN in a team environment.
- Parent participation will be required at times.