U8 Learn To Play Program
FOR GIRLS AND BOYS BORN IN 2012-2013
Children born in 2011, who have never registered in Softball, can register in U8(Learn to Play) program; however, children who have already played a season of U8, or with advanced softball skill (can hit, catch and throw unassisted) should register in the U10 program. If you are unsure which division is appropriate for your child, please contact email@example.com
for further assistance.
Specific Dates for Current Season Located at "Important Dates"
- Playing Days: Mondays and Wednesdays
- Program Times: 6:30-8:00 PM Program Structure: 45 minutes of skill development and 45 minutes for a game
- Softball Field Location: Playing location available on team schedule (last year it was Pine Street School)
- First session will be the program introduction for players and a parent meeting.
- Players will be notified by coaches approximately 1 week prior to the season of team designation. If you have not been notified after this time frame please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All team schedules will be posted on the website under specific Age Divisions link
- Each child will be issued a jersey and softball pants for the season. Uniform Pick-up and Return dates for each team will be posted on the website (coaches will also provide information prior to the season).
- Required equipment: ball glove, running shoes or softball cleats (no metal cleats). Coaches are provided with a limited number of batting helmets, it is optional if parents want to purchase a helmet with softball face mask for your child.
- Please read the "Rainout and Weather Policy" on the website.
- The last scheduled day will be a “FUN DAY” - incorporating learned skills and rewarding each child for his/her participation.
• To provide organized participation of children in softball.
• To promote interest in the game and to develop sportsmanship.
• To develop knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations of softball
- Rules at this level are basic. The goal is to have fun and expose the kids to as much batting, throwing, and catching as possible.
- “Outs” will be introduced in June. If the ball reaches the base before the batter, they will be out.
- All players bat during each game. Five coach pitches will be thrown. If the batter does not hit after 5 pitches, the tee should be used to allow the batter to hit. This benefits the batter as well as the fielders.
- Stealing bases is not allowed at this level.
- Scorekeeping is optional and should be agreed upon by both teams.
- Helmets with cage and chin strap must be worn.
- Catcher’s equipment must be worn appropriately.
- Pitcher’s are to use a face mask.
- Have FUN!!
Check this website often as new information is posted regularly!