U6 Timbits Learn to Play
U6 Timbits Blast Ball
FOR GIRLS AND BOYS under 6 before Jan 1st-see registration page more details
If you are unsure which division is appropriate for your child, please contact email@example.com
for further assistance.
- Playing Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Program Times: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Program Structure: 30 minutes of skill development and 30 minutes for a game
- Softball Field Location: TBD
- The first session will be the program introduction for players and a parent meeting. Parents are an active part of the U6 program.
- Players will be notified by coaches approximately 1 week prior to the season of team designation. If you have not been notified after this time frame please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All team schedules will be posted on the website under specific Age Divisions link
- Each child will be issued a jersey for the season. Uniform Pick-up and Return dates for each team will be posted on website (coaches will also provide information prior to the season).
- The last scheduled day will be a “FUN DAY” - incorporating learned skills and rewarding each child for his/her participation.
- Required equipment: ball glove, running shoes or softball cleats (no metal cleats). Coaches are provided with a limited number of batting helmets, it is optional if parents want to purchase a helmet with softball face mask for your child.
- Please read the "Rainout and Weather Policy" on the website.
- To introduce Softball at a much faster pace, to keep the children active and engaged.
- To promote interest in the game and to develop sportsmanship.
- To introduce the basics of softball: throwing, catching, hitting, and running
- Games will be played with one base that honks when stepped on.
- A tee will be used to develop hand-eye coordination for the development of batting skills.
- “Outs” will not be called at this level.
- There is no scorekeeping, as the focus is more on skill introduction and having FUN in a team environment.
- Parent participation will be required at times.